After selling all of the first batch of PCBs from DirtyPCBs, I put in an order for a second batch. They arrived this week so I thought I’d put together a quick update.
Just in time for the weekend all the parts for version 2 of my Clamps badge arrived!
Here’s a look at the bare PCB from OSHPark – annoyingly I had issues with the front ENIG finish on two of the badges, and the front soldermask on all three to varying degrees. OSHPark have sent some replacements off for fabrication but I decided to press ahead with the best of the bunch.(more…)
After my first batch of Clamps badges sold out on Tindie, I was lamenting that I didn’t have any spare boards to put rainbow LEDs in. Jon Raymond suggested that I could go one step further and add an ATtiny85 and some RGB LEDs. Not one to turn down a challenge, I started work!
Over Christmas I stumbled across a cute Meeple lapel pin, which I of course bought. While it works well as a tie pin, I’d like something a little closer to the real Meeple size for my coat, so as soon as I got back to my PC I had to try my hand at making a PCB version.
This is the second part of a series investigating the use of optical sensors for robot odometry.
In part one of this project I pulled apart an old Microsoft Intellimouse for the optical chip and managed to extract some readings using an Arduino Uno. The aim now is to repackage those components in a way that they could be mounted underneath a small wheeled robot. (more…)